Google is notifying advertisers that AdWords Express has joined the Google Ads platform. AdWords Express campaigns are now available in Google Ads as ‘Smart’ campaigns. Previously, AdWords Express was a standalone solution designed to be a lower maintenance option for small businesses. Now, Smart campaigns still have the same benefits as AdWords Express campaigns, but with improved features.
Google highlights the following benefits:
- Create an online ad quickly and easily.
- Pay only when people click your ad.
- Attract more customers to your website or Google Maps listing.
- Minimal ongoing management is necessary. Google Ads runs your ads for you.
- Reach customers on desktop computers and mobile devices (such as mobile phones and tablets).
- Review the effectiveness of your ads on your dashboard.
Key features available in Smart campaigns include:
- “Campaigns” overview: An account’s home base which contains Google-generated performance insights.
- Critical account alerts Important notifications about campaigns, billing issues, etc.
- Verified calls: This shows the number of requests received from a campaign, along with the number of clicks.
- Map actions: Helps track the number of times people saw an ad and then clicked the business’ pin on Google Maps or got directions to the industry.
- Google Analytics: Track actions visitors take on a website after clicking an ad.
- Ad scheduling: Choose the days of the week and the times of the day to run an ad.
- Google notes that it is open to feedback on Smart campaigns, which may help shape future updates.
- Advertisers can share feedback using the ‘Leave feedback’ option, accessed by clicking the 3-dot icon on the upper right-hand side of your account.